RewirEdX is a two-day virtual conference at the one-year countdown to the RewirEd Summit.
The event aims to:
Below is the description of the session, in which Insights for Education will participate.
Session Title: School Closures and Reopening and the Use of Evidence in Policy Making
Date & Time: 15 December 2020 @ 5:00 pm GST (2:00 pm CET / 1:00 pm London / 8:00 am EST)
Duration: 45 Minutes
This session is developed as a space for reflections from a diverse range of education actors on their experience of school closures and reopening during the pandemic. Emphasis is placed on the role of evidence in guiding decisions during crisis and beyond, to improve education outcomes for all children.
• Reflect on ten months of school closure/reopening decisions and how evidence was used to guide decisions to ensure all children can continue learning and safely get back to school.
• Discuss how evidence can help mitigate the learning disruption in the coming months.
• Discuss how COVID-19 could be an opportunity to transform education through the increased use of evidence to inform policies and practices.
• Dr Elyas Abdi, OGW, Director General for Basic Education, Kenya’s Ministry of Education
• Haldis Holst, Deputy General Secretary, Education International
• Tariq Fancy, Founder and CEO The Rumie Initiative
• Dr Randa Grob-Zakhary, Founder & CEO, Insights for Education
Moderator: Jo Bourne, Chief Technical Officer, Global Partnership for Education